Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Sale
- Southwark Playhouse reserves the right to refuse admission to the Theatre.
- Southwark Playhouse reserves the right to request any ticket holder to leave the Theatre and take appropriate action to enforce this right.
- Southwark Playhouse reserves the right to ensure that every member of the audience has a valid ticket.
- Southwark Playhouse reserves the right to make any alterations to the advertised programme or casting rendered necessary by unavoidable causes. Southwark Playhouse does not have understudies and so it may be necessary to cancel a performance at short notice due to cast illness. For this reason please ensure the Box Office has your correct contact details.
- Latecomers may be asked to wait in the foyer until an appropriate moment in the production. If there is no appropriate interval and admittance will cause disruption latecomers will be refused admission. No refund or exchange will be offered.
- Mobile phones, pagers and watches should be switched off before entering the auditorium.
- Children under the age of four will not be admitted to the auditorium, including babes in arms. Exceptions to this rule can only be made if Southwark Playhouse advertises the production as a family show suitable for young children of that age.
- Cameras and recording equipment are not allowed in the auditorium.
- Hot food is not permitted in the auditorium. Please remember any food/sweets in noisy wrappers may disturb the performers and other members of the audience.
- Southwark Playhouse may agree to sell unused tickets previously purchased directly from the theatre, on behalf of the patron, at an agreed price, if the production has reached capacity.
- Monies from successfully re-sold tickets must be collected in person from the Box Office. Southwark Playhouse cannot guarantee the re-sale of returned tickets.
- No tickets may be resold for profit or commercial gain by any outlet other than the Southwark Playhouse Box Office or one of its authorised ticket agents (unauthorised outlets include websites such as auction sites). Failure to comply will make this ticket void.
- Whilst Southwark Playhouse takes responsibility for tickets purchased directly through the Southwark Playhouse Box Office, the Southwark Playhouse website, and our authorised ticket agent Savoy Systems, we will not be responsible for tickets that have been sold through unauthorised methods.
- Patrons with tickets purchased through an unauthorised vendor will not, in any circumstances, receive an exchange or refund from Southwark Playhouse.
- Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Southwark Playhouse conforms to the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Strobe lighting, gunshots and smoke effects are sometimes used in productions. Details are available from the Box Office after the first performance
Online and Website Bookings
- Customers are entirely responsible for entering their details correctly on the online booking form. You warrant that all details supplied by you are true and accurate. If there are any changes to your details once your booking is concluded then it is your responsibility to inform the Theatre.
- Where a person makes a booking on behalf of a party, that person accepts these terms and conditions on behalf of all members of the party and is responsible for that party.
- The Theatre reserves the right to place restrictions on the volume of any tickets ordered.
- It is your responsibility to check that the Tickets issued to you are accurate.
Exchange & Refund Policy
- In the event that patrons are unable to attend a performance, Southwark Playhouse will exchange their tickets for another performance of the same production (subject to availability) at the cost of £2 per ticket. Original tickets must be returned to Southwark Playhouse Box Office at least 24 hours before the originally booked performance. Southwark Playhouse takes no responsibility for tickets lost in the post. This policy is only available to patrons who booked tickets through Southwark Playhouse Box Office.
- Tickets cannot be refunded unless a performance is cancelled. In the event of a suspended performance, patrons will be offered the opportunity to exchange tickets for another performance, where available.
- If you have been advised to isolate due to COVID-19, you are entitled to a refund. Please get in touch with our box office team on 020 7407 0234, or email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will organise that for you.